Scanning electronics Web sites staring at page after page of Bluetooth speakers can be daunting. When it comes down to it, you have to hear the speaker to know whether it's the result of amazing technology or just amazing marketing.
I have been trying out a number of the new speakers lately and came across one in-particular that we loved.
CUBEDGE's new EDGE.sound Bluetooth Speaker is a solid mixture of a wide tonal range while being just the right size to throw in the water bottle pouch on a backpack.
My only initial complaint about the speaker was that even though it's tonal range was great for its size, it didn't seem to have as much bass as I had hoped. This is of course the number one drawback to small speakers. But then, just as I was about to write this article, I received an E-mail telling me that a firmware update had been released, and that if I hooked up the speaker via USB to my computer I could download and install the update. I did just that, and the bass was stronger!
Knowing that CUBEDGE is creating firmware updates definitely set me over the edge on this speaker and is the main reason why I wanted to write an article about the EDGE.sound.
Like I said before, all the other aspects of the speaker were great from square one: battery life, Bluetooth connectivity, microphone that can be used for phone calls, compact size and almost full tonal range, which was soon remedied with a firmware update.
If you purchase a brand new EDGE.sound from CUBEDGE now, the current model is the fully updated version that I now have. But, it's good to know that if they end up making even more firmware improvements to the speaker, you won't have to buy a whole new model.
- Portable speaker is as light as a book and provides 10 hours of battery life, delivering an optimal on-the-go music source
- Bluetooth 3.0 capabilities allows for a noticeably faster connection and supports a versatile array of devices such as iPhone, iPod, Android, smartphones and tablets
- Features a microphone that provides easy, portable compatibility with Skype, FaceTime and other chatting tools
- Crafted with high-quality materials for an eye catching design to match any decor
- Also made with eco-friendly parts including non-brominated flame retardants and a highly recyclable aluminum enclosure to reduce environmental impact
- Crafted with first-in-class digital amplifier allowing better sound control
- See further details and the EDGE.sound in action by clicking HERE
How much: $149
Available September 2012 @: www.cubedge.com