Photo: ET1972 (Getty)
A woman who innocently ordered a new hair dryer off Amazon got a big surprise when she fired it up for the first time. In fact, the unintentional fire that blew out of the device would have made Elon Musk jealous.
That’s right. It was a South Carolina gal who simply wanted to blow dry her hair nearly blew it all to flames.
“Oh my gosh. I can not freakin’ believe this,” says Erika Augthun Shoolbred in her video she posted to Facebook this week. “Fire is coming out of the hair dryer.”
It’s a product that would make the gang from It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia proud. But seriously, where does it come from?
It’s the ‘Salon Grade Hair Dryer’ from OraCorp. Amazon has reportedly removed the product and other similar products from its site.
Shoolbred did suffer a burn to her hand but she will hopefully be okay.
OraCorp also produces makeup, clothing irons and electric toothbrushes. I think I’ll refrain considering I like my teeth … and clothes … and face.
On another note, Musk has some competition within the blow torch market.
This was also on Amazon: Amazon Has Removed Infant Circumcision Training Kits From Their UK Site
Josh Helmuth is a sports guy and contributor to Mandatory.