Photo: Preston Residence by David Lena.
If you’re serious about interior design, you’ve likely picked up a copy of Dwell Magazine to drool over the modern architecture and cutting-edge design of some of the world’s most enviable homes. Now you can step inside ten jaw-dropping Los Angeles abodes during home tours offered as part of Dwell on Design 2017, the largest modern design fair on the West Coast.
Tours are offered throughout Santa Monica, Culver City, and Venice on Saturday, June 24 and on the East Side and the Hills on Sunday, June 25. Attendees can learn about the inspiration and creative vision behind the homes ahead of touring at Meet The Architects on Thursday, June 22, at the Pacific Design Center. Register online before June 21 for the $110 ticket price.
Get a sneak peek of the architectural beauties here:
Other things to do during Dwell on Design 2017:
- Watch design-centric features and short films at the Dwell Outdoor Pavilion as part of the Architecture & Design Film Festival.
- Get a free one-on-one consultation from an architect or an interior designer.
- Check out a panel or session on topics like: technology/smart homes, health and wellness/aging, urban space/densification, resiliency, and the business of design.
- Meet leading architect Sir David Adjaye, whose projects include the Nobel Peace Centre in Oslo and the Smithsonian Institute National Museum of African American History and Culture in Washington, DC. He’ll speak on Friday, June 23, and greet attendees after.
- Get a book signed by Design & Decoration author and interior decorator Martyn Lawrence Bullard when he speaks on Saturday, June 24.
- Purchase pieces for your own home from designers and artisans at boutique shopping experience The Shop.
- Bid on something amazing at a silent auction. One-hundred percent of the proceeds go to Madworkshop to aid their efforts in the L.A. homelessness crisis.
- Visit pavilions by Dwell Outdoor, Prime Edition emerging designers, Method Home prefab homes, and Cocoon9 tiny homes.