Photo: bhofack2, Getty Images.
Father’s Day is the one day of the year when we celebrate dad. Your dad is your mentor, friend, guide, mechanic, and sounding board. He deserves something special. And no, we aren’t talking about a new golf club or set of cufflinks. Dad deserves a hand-crafted cocktail. Lucky for you, some of the best bartenders in the country are here to help. From coast to coast, from New York to Melrose, these bartenders are mixing up the best cocktails to celebrate your dad and everything he does for you.
High King Highball
- Raspberries (divided)
- 1/2 ounce Aperol
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 1 dash Peychaud’s bitters
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce grapefruit juice
- 2 ounces Clontarf
- 1 1/2 ounces soda
Muddle 3 raspberries in Aperol, simple syrup, and bitters. Add juices and Clontarf. Use soda for bottom. Shake. Fine strain into a collins glass with shard ice. Garnish with skewered lemon wheel and raspberry.
Created by Joaquín Simó from Pouring Ribbons in NYC.
King of Kings Manhattan
- 2 ounces Ragtime Rye Whiskey
- 1/2 ounce Punt e Mes
- 1/2 ounce Martini & Rossi Sweet Vermouth
- 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
Stir ingredients over ice until exceedingly well-chilled. Strain into a chilled martini glass and garnish with a brandied cherry on a cocktail pick.
Created by Allen Katz from The Shanty at New York Distilling Company.
- 1/2 ounce Bulleit Bourbon
- 3/4 ounce Campari
- 1/2 ounce St Germain
- 1 ounce Carpano Antica
- 1 ounce fresh sour
- 1 ounce fresh orange juice
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice rocks
Stir ingredients. Serve in glass. Garnish with an orange peel.
Created by Komodo in Miami.
- 2 ounces Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum
- 3 ounces cold brew
- 1 ounce ginger syrup
- Juice of 1 lime wedge
Combine ingredients, shake vigorously, and strain into a coupe. Garnish with a lime wheel.
Created by Steak 954 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- 1 ounce Chavela Mexican Mix
- 2 ounces Grandma Tomato Sauce
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
Combine ingredients. Top with Pacifico Beer and Tajin. Garnish with one lime wedge.
Created by Lolo’s Surf Cantina in Miami.
Gin and Cukes
- 1 1/2 ounces Hendrick’s Gin
- 3 cucumber wheels
- 1 lime wedge
- 2 1/2 ounces Sprite
Muddle cucumber and lime in tin. Shake and pour with ice into collins glass.
Created by King’s Bowl Doral in Miami.
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime or lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce pineapple syrup (1 part pineapple juice to 1 part sugar)
- 2 ounces Appleton Estate Reserve Blend
- Pellet Ice
In a double old fashioned (or rocks) glass, measure the cocktail ingredients and add pellet ice or crushed ice to fill the cup and create a cone-like top. Garnish with large slice of pineapple and a cherry on a pick.
Created by Christy Pope, HomeGoods style expert and founder of Cuffs & Buttons.
- 2 ounces D’Ussé VSOP cognac
- 3/4 ounce Combier Liqueur d’Orange
- 3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 barspoon meyer lemon oleo saccaharum
Combine ingredients. Stir. Pour into glass. Garnish with dehydrated lemon wheel and 2 dried flowers.
Created by Laura Lindsay at General Lee’s in Los Angeles.